Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors.
Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cathodic Protection /Corrosion Control Inspector
Job Type: Contracts
- Provide continuous guidance to the contractor on corrosion control/protection and cathodic protection (CP) of equipment, pipe, and structure.
- Ensures that the quality of construction activities in area of expertise (discipline), requirements together with national and international standards to cathodic protection requirement, are properly fitted on the protected side of structure.
- Record On/Off Cathodic Protection Potential of Buried lines, Measure current drain at a junction box.
- Close interval potential survey(CIPS) on buried line, evaluate report issue Potential gradient reports.
- Supervise corrosion controls activities, such as cathodic protection deep well installation, coatings during construction, etc for the pipeline assets.
- Develop and publish weekly/monthly progress report, review project and work related documents and/or findings for analysis and strategy reports.
- Perform duties involved with installation, testing, and evaluation of cathodic protection systems and identify potential areas of concern including assisting.
- Supervise coating survey by Direct current voltage gradient (DCVG), able to supervise Overline potential measurement.
- Report technical change requirements (MoC)/non-conformance and schedule deviation, participate in in-line inspections and corrosion management.
- Run a holiday inspection of Coated structures.
- Trouble shoot cathodic protection Ground bed, perform Ground bed failure test and carry out cable continuity test.
- Record Transformer rectifier output from the Voltmeter and Ammeter and Measure Voltage and Current across the Rectifier terminals to confirm reading from Ammeter and Voltmeter, do a general Transformer rectifier checks.
- Record Cathodic protection (CP) output at the junction boxes and Test post/Interference bond stations.
- Witness or perform Cathodic protection interference Investigation from third party pipeline.
- Perform current demand calculation and do a preliminary design to determine anodes requirement.
- Troubleshoot to determine reason for Cathodic protection outage.
- Carry out Cathodic Protection Solar station availability check and record anomalies.
- Review cathodic protection requirements, corrosion mitigation and monitoring activities in the field to identify needed system modifications or procedural changes.
- Perform ultrasonic wall thickness inspection to determine area with wall loss due to corrosion activities.
- Supervise Deep well and convectional Ground bed installation and commissioning.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by COMPANY
- HND or B.Sc /B.Eng in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering , Industrial Chemistry, Electrical Engineering
- Professional Experience (number of years):5-years and above of experience in Cathodic Protection Inspection with Project background within Oil & Gas industry. Experience on construction and maintenance works in corrosion field
- The personnel shall be qualified in line with EN15257:2006 and ISO 15257:2017 requirements
- National association of corrosion Engineer 1 (NACE Level1) on Cathodic Protection Tester (CPT),
- NACE Basic Corrosion Certificate,
- Direct Current Voltage Gradient Certificate (DCVG),
- Member of Association of non-destructive Testing (ASNT) Level1,
- Pulse eddy current inspection certificate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: