The Duchess of Sussex could come face to face with her estranged father for the first time in four years — across a British courtroom.
Thomas Markle yesterday told why he felt forced to release details of a private letter sent to him by his daughter Meghan which is now at the centre of a bitter UK legal battle.
Sources close to him say he is ready to travel to the UK to defend his actions.
An insider said: “It is tragic how Tom didn’t come to Meghan’s wedding yet his first brush with anything royal could be in one of Her Majesty’s courts.
“Tom speaking out to defend his actions [over the letter] shows his intent, he is adamant he was justified.”
The potential court case is yet another twist in the bitter estrangement between Meghan and her father.
The retired Hollywood lighting director, who lives in Rosarito, Mexico, failed to walk the Duchess, 38, down the aisle at Windsor Castle in May last year after having a heart attack.
Thomas, 75, was hospitalised days after he was exposed for faking pictures with the paparazzi. The pair have not seen each other since 2015. He has never met his son-in-law Harry or grandson, Archie.
The Duchess is suing the Mail on Sunday for publishing the highly personal note.